FirstRoot TikTok Contest
Official Contest Rules
- Contest open to USA*, Mexico, and EU.
- Anyone can submit a video (students, parents, teachers, dogs, etc.).
- Create a TikTok video telling us how you’d use free money to improve your school.
- Share your video on TikTok and tag @FirstRootInc.
- Enter before October 30th, 2021.
- Keep it appropriate (offensive content will be reported).
- Be creative and have fun!
- Most LIKES wins up to $2000 in the USA and $1000 in EU and Mexico (see prize details, below).
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- Multiple entries per school are allowed.
*USA only open to Title 1 schools
FirstRoot is a financial literacy and participatory budgeting app that is giving away a total of $7500 in the USA, Mexico, and EU to be spent however students choose. The money will be awarded to the school with a free cycle of Participatory Budgeting using the FirstRoot app to allow students to collaborate and vote on how the money should be spent. The winning video will be chosen by number of likes, but the money will be spent however the students at the winning school choose.
Prizes will be awarded as follows in US Dollars:
- USA: First Place: $2000, Second Place: $1000, Third Place: $500
- EU: First Place: $1000, Second Place: $750, Third Place: $250
- MEX: First Place: $1000, Second Place: $750, Third Place: $250
What is Participatory Budgeting?
Participatory Budgeting for schools is a democratic process in which students are given real money to collaboratively invest in their school.